Macaws are a popular choice for pet birds companion. They are intelligent, beautiful, and affectionate birds. However, they are also loud, stubborn, and need a lot of space. Macaws are the right choice for you if you are an experienced bird owner, have a lot of space, and don’t mind their unique personalities.

We have hand raised and tamed Macaws for sale, Every hand fed baby is weaned on to a high variety diet. They are weaned onto fruits and veggies, a soak and sprout mix we make here in the store, high variety seed that we also make here in the store, and naturally colored pellet. Our Macaws are well socialized and trained to step up. All babies are closed banded, and DNA sexing is included.

Macaws want to be with you and your family all the time. They want to be wherever you are doing whatever you’re doing. Macaws are very social and bond strongly to their humans. In the wild, they spend all their time with their flock, so they want the same kind of interaction with their human flock. Sometimes, they require more interaction than people can provide due to responsibilities.

Macaws are sweet birds who love their families, but they are also hard-headed and stubborn. They test their boundaries often and will test their owners to see what they can get away with. They are extremely intelligent and will use that to try and outsmart their humans.

Macaws love to chew and need to be given chew toys, but they won’t try to destroy everything in sight like some birds. They won’t tear up furniture or shoes or destroy everything in their paths. This may make them a better fit for some bird owners. Make sure you provide plenty of chew toys and chewing opportunities for your macaw. They still love to chew and need to so they keep their beak in shape and feel happy. Without chewing opportunities, your macaw may become destructive.

Getting a macaw is not a decision that should be taken lightly. They live for 30 or more years, so they are a pet that will be around with you for a very long time. Make sure that you are committed to a lifelong pet. Giving your pet away can cause problems since your macaw will bond with you and your family.

Macaws eat a variety of things, including seeds, nuts, fruits, flowers, and more. For fruits and vegetables, you can feed them broccoli, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, apples, grapes, melons, mango, and pears. Do not feed macaws avocados.

Caring for the Macaw

Macaws are large, loud, and social birds that can make excellent pets. They adapt well to captivity and will readily bond with their owners., It’s essential to spend lots of time caring for it and bonding with it. This includes providing a healthy diet and a spacious habitat. If you believe that any medical or behavioral issues have developed, you should take your macaw to an avian vet immediately.

Feeding the Macaw
Give them pelleted parrot feed. A pelleted parrot food mix contains all the proper nutrition your bird needs, unlike seeds or muesli mixes. About 80% of your macaw’s diet should consist of pellets. The other 20% can be made up of fruits and veggies.

Give them fresh drinking water daily. Always ensure that they have a source of fresh, clean, chlorine-free water available for drinking. Their water dishes should be cleaned daily.

Feed them fruits and vegetables. In addition to parrot feed, provide fresh fruits and vegetables each day. Fruits and vegetables should make up 20% of the bird’s diet will give your macaw additional nutrients. All fruits and vegetables should be washed and cut into small pieces. You can feed to your macaw the following:

Nuts, such as pears, apples, plums, cherries, grapes, papayas, mangoes, oranges, bananas, and berries.

Vegetables, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and dark leafy greens.

Purchasing Your Macaw

Before purchasing a macaw, do your research to select the breed that’s right for your home and lifestyle. A smaller bird needs less space, but a larger one is magnificent and can become a friend for life.

Showing 1–12 of 15 results